***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
NBC Media Alert: The 2020 Miss America Competition to Air Live Thursday, December 19 From Mohegan Sun
July 23, 2019
- NBC’s “The 2020 Miss America Competition” will be telecast live Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019 from 8-10 p.m. ET/PT at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Conn.
- The competition follows 51 compelling candidates as they compete for life-changing scholarships to be used to continue their efforts toward community service and education. The show will continue to highlight a diverse group of young students and professionals who are advancing the message of female strength, independence and empowerment through their efforts in the areas of scholarship, talent and social impact.
- The Miss America Organization has ushered in a new era of progressiveness and inclusiveness, led by an all-female leadership team.
- Over the last two years, the Miss America Organization and its state competitions have awarded nearly $6 million in scholarships.
- At the end of the telecast, one candidate will be chosen for the job of Miss America 2020 to build upon the work of Miss America 2019, Nia Franklin. Over the past year, Franklin has been promoting her social impact initiative “Advocating for the Arts” through appearances at colleges and universities and has taken part in many other events, including making numerous visits to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
- “Miss America is a storied organization that has a long history of empowering women, providing tremendous educational resources to women and serving the overall public good,” said Ray Pineault, President & General Manager of Mohegan Sun. “Like the Miss America Organization, Mohegan Sun celebrates the successful and inspiring women within our company and the Mohegan Tribe. We’re thrilled to be hosting an impactful event like the Miss America Competition in December, and we look forward to working with both MAO & NBC on what will be a tremendous evening.”
- “The Miss America Organization is proud to partner with Mohegan Sun as we return to our longtime NBC home,” said Regina Hopper, President & CEO, Miss America Organization. “We are looking forward to a fresh take on this historic competition that will showcase the incredible women vying for the job of Miss America 2020.”
ABOUT THE MISS AMERICA ORGANIZATION
The Miss America Organization, a 501(c) (4), is one of the most recognizable household names in America working to empower young women through education and service. The Miss America Organization is comprised of 51 licensed state organizations, including all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Miss America candidates contribute tens of thousands of community service hours annually and have raised more than $17 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and Miss America scholarships since 2007. The Miss America Foundation, a 501(c) (3), provides academic, community service, and other scholarships to young women.
ABOUT MOHEGAN SUN
Owned by Mohegan Gaming & Entertainment, Mohegan Sun is one of the largest, most spectacular entertainment, gaming, dining and shopping destinations in the United States. Situated on 185 acres along the Thames River in scenic southeastern Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to two unique casinos, 1,600 deluxe hotel rooms, two world-class spas, a golf course, over 80 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena. Mohegan Sun is within easy access of New York, Boston, Hartford and Providence and located 15 minutes from the museums, antique shops and waterfront of Mystic Country. More information is available by calling 1.888.226.7711 or visiting mohegansun.com. Connect with us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @mohegansun, view us on YouTube and find us on Snapchat at username MoheganSun.
Rebecca Marks, Rebecca.Marks@nbcuni.com, 818-777-3030
Traci Saulsberry, Traci.Saulsberry@nbcuni.com, 818-777-6649
Sharon Pannozzo, Sharon.Pannozzo@nbcuni.com, 212-664-5152
Charisse Huff, email@example.com, 860-862-7614
Mallory Hagan, firstname.lastname@example.org, 609-344-1800