***FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***
November 5, 2019
Tickets On-Sale Now For Miss America 2020, Broadcasting Live from Mohegan Sun on NBC
UNCASVILLE, CT (November 5, 2019) – The Miss America Organization is making history this year, relocating the historic competition to the world-renowned Mohegan Sun. In Connecticut, Mohegan Sun is home to two unique casinos, 1,600 deluxe hotel rooms, two world-class spas, a golf course, over 80 shops, restaurants and bars as well as three award-winning entertainment venues including a 10,000-seat Arena, where the 51 Miss America candidates will vie for the title, scholarship and job of Miss America 2020 LIVE on NBC.
The preliminary competition begins December 12th, with the official arrival of the 2020 candidates to Connecticut, followed by a week of events leading into the final night competition. On Tuesday, December 17th, there will be a special tribute to the previous Miss America winners and Miss America 2019, Nia Franklin.
NBC’s 2020 Miss America Competition Official Schedule:
- Official Candidate Arrival: Thursday, December 12th from 5:00 – 6:30 EST | Mohegan Sun Box Office Entry; Free and open to the public.
- Preliminary Night 1: Sunday, December 15th from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm EST | Earth Expo & Convention Center, Mohegan Sun; Ticketed event.
- Preliminary Night 2: Monday, December 16th from 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm EST | Earth Expo & Convention Center. Ticketed event.
- Miss America Autograph Event: Tuesday, December 17th, from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm EST | Mohegan Sun; Free and open to the public with Miss America Tribute ticket-holders having priority privileges.
- Miss America Tribute: Tuesday, December 17th from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm EST | Cabaret Theatre. (Complimentary dessert and coffee, as well as a cash bar, will be offered.) Ticketed event.
- Miss America Foundation Breakfast with the Miss Americas: Thursday, December 19th from 9:00 am – 11:00 am EST. Ticketed Event.
- Miss America 2020 Live Event: Thursday, December 19th from 8:00 pm – 10:00 pm EST | Mohegan Sun Arena. Ticketed Event.
- Official Miss America After Party: Thursday, December 19th immediately following the live broadcast. Ticketed Event.
*Preliminary and Final night tickets on-sale: Missamerica.org/tickets
*Tickets to all other week-of events: https://www.missamerica.org/miss-america-2020-competition-events/
*Full list of Miss America 2020 Candidates: Missamerica.org/titleholders/2020-candidates/
NBC’s The 2020 Miss America Competition will follow 51 compelling candidates as they compete for life-changing scholarships to be used to continue their efforts towards community service and education. The show will highlight a diverse group of young students and professionals who are advancing the message of strength, independence, and empowerment through their efforts in the areas of scholarship, talent, and social impact. The candidates’ official arrival ceremony will be on December 12th at 5:00 pm at Mohegan Sun and will be free and open to the public. Other events throughout the week can be found at Missamerica.org. It will be an exciting week of competition, special events and community engagement, all capped off with an incredible final event on Thursday, December 19, 2019, at 8:00 pm on NBC. At the end of the telecast, one candidate will be chosen for the job of Miss America 2020 to build upon the work of Miss America 2019, Nia Franklin. As Miss America 2019, Franklin has been promoting her social impact initiative, “Advocating for the Arts” through appearances at colleges and universities, city operas and other art venues and has taken part in other various impactful events, including visits to Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
– ### –
ABOUT THE MISS AMERICA ORGANIZATION
The Miss America Organization, a 501(c) (4), is one of the most recognizable
household names in America working to empower young women through education
and service. The Miss America Organization is comprised of 51 licensed state
organizations, including all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Miss America
candidates contribute tens of thousands of community service hours annually and
have raised more than $17 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals and
Miss America scholarships since 2007. The Miss America Foundation, a 501(c) (3),
provides academic, community service, and other scholarships to young women.
Brent is the Vice President of Marketing & Development for the Miss America Organization.