Last Updated on February 1, 2023
Your privacy is important to https://www.MissAmerica.org (“website”), which is operated by MISS AMERICA IP, LLC, doing business as Miss America (“Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”).
WHO WE ARE
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
With regard to your use of our website, including services and/or products we offer, we may automatically collect the following information and in the following manner.
Information You Provide. We collect information you provide to us directly. This includes information you provide when you (i) receive any free or purchase any paid programs, products, or services from us (each, a “Service”), (ii) sign up to receive any emails, (iii) comment on any posts or otherwise communicate with us on any social media platform, (iv) register for competitions, competitions, presentations, classes, scholarships, volunteer work, sweepstakes, promotions, surveys, contests, or other programs offered by Miss America, (v) fill out any forms, including but not limited to the Stay Connected or “Contact Us” forms on the website, (vi) communicating with us through third party social media websites or applications (i.e., Instagram), (vii) sign up to become our affiliate partner, (viii) respond to any survey, (ix) participate in any contest or sweepstakes, (x) contact us through any other means, including via an online form, phone call, or email; or (xi) subscribing to email updates, newsletters or other subscriptions and features made available on the website from time to time (collectively, the “Actions”).
Examples of data we may receive include your full name, telephone number, email address, shipping address, billing address, physical address (such as your address, state, province, ZIP/postal code and city), date of birth, gender, account name, billing information (such as your credit card number), financial information, Social Security Number, Tax Identification Number, Employer Identification Number, PayPal address, social media information, and other information you provide to us through survey responses, feedback, reviews and other means of communication.
Information Collected Automatically. With regard to your use of the website and services offered by Miss America, including the performance of any Actions, we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including IP address, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, platform, device type, hardware model, MAC address, unique device identifiers and mobile network information;
- information about your visit, including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time);
- information about your network, such as information about devices, nodes, configurations, connection speeds, and network and application performance; or
- pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Events Information. If you attend a competitions, competition, presentation, class, promotion, contest, or other programs offered by Miss America, where we are capturing audio and video recordings, we may also collect sound clips and images of you.
Information from Third Party Sites. We collect data when you connect with us, comment on, share, or like our posts or otherwise interact with us on any social media platform, or when you access public or private membership groups hosted on a third-party platform (i.e., Facebook). Examples of data we may receive include your profile information, profile picture, social media information, social media handles or nicknames, name, purchase history, email address, device identifiers and demographic information.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information we have about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- help us respond to your queries;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- send you our newsletter, email updates and other subscriptions which we make available from time to time and which you subscribe to receiving;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about content, goods or services we feel may interest you;
- notify you about changes to our website and other services;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- facilitate contests, promotions, competitions, sweepstakes or surveys on the website;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with the website, services offered by Miss America and the Actions set forth above;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer the Action or service offered by Miss America and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the website or service offered by Miss America to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the website and services offered by Miss America, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Service safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to provide you with information on venues, events, exhibits, and special offers based on your physical proximity to them during and after the event;
- to monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with the website, service offered by Miss America and the Actions; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website and Miss America about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this combined information for the purposes set out above.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The following is a list of third parties that we may share your information with or for.
Cloud Service Providers. We may share your information with cloud service providers, such as company providing legal data services through cloud-based software or programs. Your information may be stored on servers in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States, where the data protection and other laws may differ from those of other countries. By otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the United States and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Customer Analysis Providers. We may share your information with customer analysis providers, such as those used to analyze visitors clicks and navigation around the website.
Customer Service Providers. We may share your information with customer service providers.
Email Marketing and Advertising Providers. We may share your information with marketing and advertising providers, including email marketing and campaign providers, marketing software providers, direct mail providers, marketing analytics providers and sales funnel providers. We may share your information with email marketing service providers, in order to send you emails, newsletters, promotional materials, marketing materials or other information.
Fraud Prevention Partners. We may share your information with fraud prevention partners.
Other Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers, including companies or individuals hired to handle IT issues for the Company.
Payment Processors. We may share your information with payment processors, such as those we use to collect and process payment for any Products or Services you purchase.
Public Forum. Our website may allow you to leave a post, comment or review on the website. If you choose to submit that information on a public forum, that information will be available to the public and we may elect to share your post, comment or review outside of the website.
Technology Service Providers. We may share your information with technology service providers.
Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties whom we have contractual relationships with, such as auditors, consultants, lawyers, and other professionals who rely on the data to provide us with professional services. Additionally, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. If Miss America or the assets it controls are acquired by a third party, personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Third Party Partners. We may share your information with third parties we have partnered with to jointly create or offer a product, service or joint promotion, including but not limited to business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties, as we value your privacy. We also do not “sell” your personal information as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act.
YOUR FLORIDA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Florida Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the website and services offered by Miss America that are Florida residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request pursuant to Florida Civil Code Section 1798.83, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may collect and access, and may permit our business partners and third party service providers, such as advertising companies, to collect and access your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browsing metadata and other numerical identifiers, such as your browser type, version and operating system (collectively, the “Browsing Information”). We may also use, place, collect and store, or allow our third-party service providers to use, place, collect and store, cookies, web beacons, remarketing pixel tags, or other similar tracking technologies.
We, our business partners and third party service providers may use this information and these technologies to, among other things, improve and personalize your user experience, understand how you use the website, provide tailored ads, analyze trends, data, and website performance, administer the website, identify and track you when you use different devices, determine if you are logged onto the website, provide security and provide a range of features, customization and functionality.
It is important to us that you understand your choices regarding your personal information.
Opting Out of/Blocking Cookies. Most browsers accept cookies by default. However, most browsers will allow you to prevent accepting new cookies, disable cookies, and/or receive a notification when you receive new cookies. If your browser has such functionalities, information on how you can change your cookie settings can typically be found in the help section of the browser toolbar. Please note that if you do disable cookies, this may have an impact on or interfere with your user experience, including your ability to use or make purchases from the website, or receive personalized content. Additionally, you may have the opportunity to receive certain communications from us related to the services offered by Miss America. If you provide us with your email address in order to receive communications, you can opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe links contained in our emails.
Managing “Do Not Track”. As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA), we would like you to know that our systems are currently unable to recognize browser “Do No Track” signals.
Use of Personal Information. You can request that we delete your personal information at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below, subject to certain exceptions. You can also (i) request to see your personal information that we have available on you, (ii) withdraw consent for our use of your personal information, (iii) review and request we rectify, change or modify your personal information, (iv) restrict or limit the processing of your personal information, (v) cancel the processing of your personal information and (vi) request your personal information and transfer it to another controller without any impediments on our part by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Other Opt-Out Options. If we send you physical mailings or short message service (SMS) messages or contact you via telephone, you can opt-out by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
We retain personal information as long as it is needed to conduct and operate our business or until you ask us to delete your personal information by contacting us using the contact details provided below. Please note that we cannot control the data retention policies of third parties.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our website, newsletters, email updates and other communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of others, including our partner networks, retail partners, advertisers and affiliates, including individual state affiliates and partners. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
INTERNATIONAL DATA, TRANSFERS AND PROCESSING
Our website is intended for individuals located within the United States. Please be aware that our website servers and our service providers may be located outside of your state, province or country. As a result, some of your personal information may be collected, used, transferred, maintained, disclosed and stored outside of your state, province or country. By using this website, you acknowledge and agree that the collection, use, transfer, maintenance, disclosure and storage of your personal information, Browsing Information and communications related to or arising out of your use of this website is governed by the applicable laws in the United States. While we have the appropriate safeguards in place, the applicable privacy laws in the United States may be less stringent than those of your state, province or country.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (CCPA NOTICE)
As a California resident, you have certain rights you can exercise under the CCPA, including the following. Please note that this summary is merely provided for your convenience, but we do not warrant the accuracy or exhaustiveness of this summary, nor should you rely on this as an accurate or exhaustive list of your rights.
- Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information is sold or shared and to whom, including: (i) the categories of personal information we collected about you, (ii) the categories of personal information that we sold or shared about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared, and (iii) the categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose. You have the right to obtain this information from us, but we are not obligated to provide the requested information to you more than twice in a 12-month period.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete personal information about you that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions set forth in 1798.105(d) of the CCPA. If you wish for us to remove certain information, please contact us and let us know the information you are requesting we remove, update, correct or amend, and the timeframe and manner in which you believe we came to collect such information.
- Right to Opt-Out. You have the right, at any time, to direct us to not sell or share your personal information. However, we do not sell your personal information to any third parties so no request to opt-out of sale is necessary.
- Right to No Retaliation and Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discrimination by us resulting from the exercise of your rights under the CCPA. We will not discriminate against you by denying you goods or services, charging you different prices or rates for the goods and services, providing you with a different level of quality of goods or services, or suggesting that you would receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services. We will also not retaliate against an employee, applicant for employment, or independent contractor, for exercising their rights under this title.
- Right to Correct. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate information we have collected about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information.
- Right to Limit. You have the right, at any time, to direct us to limit our use of the sensitive information we have collected about you to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services, to perform the services.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. We are required to verify the identity of anyone who makes any request.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS (California’s “Shine the Light” Law)
California’s “Shine the Light Law” (California Civil Code § 1798.83) permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with such third parties who we have reason to know use your personal information for their own direct marketing purposes.
By using this website and performing any Actions, you agree to respond truthfully and accurately about your age if asked. We abide by federal law and the guidelines set up by the Federal Trade Commission regarding youth privacy. We do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 years old, nor will children under the age of 13 be allowed to register with Miss America. If you are under the age of 13 years old, you may not submit any personal information to us. If you know or have reason to believe that we have collected data from anyone under the age of 13, please contact us using the contact details provided for removal of that data. We additionally do not knowingly collect, use, store or share personal information from children under the age of 18, unless such person between the ages of 13 to 18 registers to become a participant in the Miss America’s Teen competition solely with their parent or guardian’s consent.
HOW TO CONTACT US
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: Miss America Headquarters, 11199 Polo Club Road, Wellington, Florida 33414.